We understand that the service we provide is only as good as the people we employ and train. Our officers are challenged with a variety of problems that need to be addressed efficiently and safely. Each contract has its own unique challenges, and our extensive training program allows our officers to approach them with confidence.
Training for our Officers
We have a dedicated training supervisor who is responsible for ensuring that deployed officers are qualified to deliver a quality security delivery, above and beyond the standard requirements of the SIA.
Each Officer undergoes quarterly refresher training. SWL manage all training details within key performance indicators so that any knowledge gaps can be addressed quickly and efficiently acted where needed to ensure continuous high standards, all training undertaken is then recorded within each individual officer “Task Book”.
Our standard training course covers:
- SWL company induction
- Fire Fighting
- SIA related training / refresher for existing
- Job role specific induction
- Industry apprenticeship
- Legislation training
- Meeting and greeting skills
- Conducting searches
- On-site training methods
- Internal processes familiarisation
- Conventional reporting
- Incident Management Software reporting
The first shift on location:
- An Introduction to SWL colleagues
- Tour of the site facilities
- Customer introduction and site induction
- The importance of uniform standards and appearance requirements
- Individual roster and manning requirements
- Confirmation that the site folder, assignment instructions and customer procedures have been understood
- A detailed tour of the site (including patrol routes) where key responsibilities are explained and demonstrated.
- The impact to SWL and our customer through non-adherence to the correct standards within the site key responsibilities
- End of shift handover, report writing
SWL Security is an Approved Contractor of the Security Industry Authority and has been for five years. We are consistently rated in the top 5% of all security providers in the country. Not all security companies belong to the SIA but we believe that the standards adopted by the SIA are good for the industry and our customers.