We understand that the service we provide is only as good as the people we employ and train. Our officers are challenged with a variety of problems that need to be addressed efficiently and safely. Each contract has its own unique challenges, and our extensive training program allows our officers to approach them with confidence.
Training for our Officers
We have a dedicated training supervisor who is responsible for ensuring that deployed officers are qualified to deliver a quality security delivery, above and beyond the standard requirements of the SIA.
Each Officer undergoes quarterly refresher training. SWL manage all training details within key performance indicators so that any knowledge gaps can be addressed quickly and efficiently acted where needed to ensure continuous high standards, all training undertaken is then recorded within each individual officer “Task Book”.
Standard Business Warden training course covers:
- Contract signing and Company Policy familiarisation
- Fitting and issuing of PPE and other uniform (body armour) and instruction on how to clean / maintain
- Loading on to the workforce management systems and electronic Crime reporting platforms
- History of SWL and how we became the desired supplier of wardens
- Professional standards
- Hostile reconnaissance based counter terrorism awareness
- Powers of arrest for non-police persons legislation and in practice
- Powers to use force for non-police persons legislation and practice
- Legal familiarization classes that cover how to identify, and methods of disposal for the following offences;
Offensive weapon in a public place
Public order offences
- Evidence creation including correct use of notebooks and police statement writing
- Control, Restraint & Immobilization techniques for effecting the arrest of compliant and non-compliant prisoners
- Detention room management
- Personal safety / protection skills
- Temporary restraints training (Handcuffs)
Further training offered to Wardens to include;
- 3 day First Aid at Work certification
- 1 Day AED certification (Defibrillator use)
- Bespoke apprenticeships in customer service for the security industry
- Community Safety Accreditation scheme course
- Job role specific specialist training
SWL Security is an Approved Contractor of the Security Industry Authority and has been for five years. We are consistently rated in the top 5% of all security providers in the country. Not all security companies belong to the SIA but we believe that the standards adopted by the SIA are good for the industry and our customers.
If you would like help to improve security at your site contact us for 24/7 monitoring.
Tel: 01202 802170